General Category > Foreign Products

Attention Marzipan Lovers!

<< < (2/2)

cleverdick:

--- Quote from: goldencup on November 25, 2012, 06:36:57 pm ---Well I love marzipan AND pineapple and will be visiting Lidl shortly!  Thanks for the heads up.

--- End quote ---

So, how was it for you? ;)

goldencup:
It was good!!!  Suffice to say that a few people will be finding these in their Christmas stockings.  Thanks again.

GimmeTheSoddingChoc:

--- Quote from: cleverdick on November 23, 2012, 11:28:32 pm ---Don't tell me - you peel the marzipan off the Christmas cake and discard?
--- End quote ---

I don't just discard the marzipan, I get rid of the whole cake. I can't stand Christmas Cake, it's too sweet and a waste of good fruit. Give me a proper Yule Log any day!

oldspice:

--- Quote from: goldencup on December 10, 2012, 11:53:22 am ---It was good!!!  Suffice to say that a few people will be finding these in their Christmas stockings.  Thanks again.

--- End quote ---

I actually tried one of these and it was good! Although I don't like marzipan, the pineapple flavour and textured featured well and toned down the marzipan to an acceptable level. I cut small slices of this bar off for consumption during Corrie. I only had a few slices and it went down very well. :)

Rainbow:
I love xmas at Lidl, they do all kinds of scrummy things, but I think I love their pineapple marzipan the most.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version